TAT100 Tracking settings
Device has up to 3 min. hardcoded time to get fixed position while it's awake from a Sleep Mode.
Time Zone: Set tracking scenario time zone. Time zone can be set in range of -12h to +14h.
Detailed example of default Periodic settings:
If On Move tracking period is configured to be greater than On Stop, when devices detects movement, On Move countdown will start and data package will be sent once On Move countdown completes.
This mode is used to set up the actual schedule of data sending. Every day of the week data could be sent up to 6 times.
The main rules of making Schedule:
- Time from 1st to 6th record must be set in ascending order.
- Intervals between different times must be at least 6 minutes.
- Days of the week must be selected by clicking on it.
The record will not be generated at configured specific time, but will be generated up to a few minutes later because of time needed to boot modem and to get position.
Approximation of battery life time
We propose an approximation of battery life according to desired configuration of data transfer period.
- 24 hours = 86 400 seconds
- X desired amount to send records in 24 hours
- 24 hours divided by X desired amount to send records in 24 hours, result converted to seconds
- 1000 diving by X amount of desired tracking in 24 hours equals to Y days of battery lifetime
Example for periodic tracking 3 times a day:
- 24 hours converted to 86 400 seconds.
- Tracking 3 times a day, 24 hours divided by 3 equals to 28 800 seconds (8 hours).
- 1000 dividing by 3 records a day equals to 333 days of battery lifetime.
Recovery mode is a special functionality that stops all ongoing tracking modes, Bluetooth scans, scenarios and sends records periodically with a configured Recovery period. However, it does not change options like Location and GNSS sources or Static navigation option. This mode is turned on by a configured number of events and can be turned on/off manually with a GPRS or SMS command. Once turned off, device will come back to a normal scenario that was configured before.
Recovery mode can be triggered by:
- Lost BLE sensor - for this trigger to work, Lost Sensor Alarm has to be enabled. When the sensor is not found, Recovery mode will turn on and a lost sensor alarm record will be sent.
- Backup tracker - when TAT does not detect the central device, it will start delayed Recovery mode - TAT will wake up to send a Backup tracker alarm record (AVL ID 236) and then start Recovery mode timer to send Recovery alarm records (AVL ID 20012) periodically.
- SMS/GPRS command -
recovery:1command can be sent to turn on Recovery mode. If Recovery mode is already activated, sending 1 won’t have any effect.
recovery:0command can be sent to turn off Recovery mode.
- Tamper - currently, Recovery Mode cannot be triggered with tamper detection. This feature is still under development.
Note : Recovery mode will not turn off automatically. It can only be turned off by restarting the device using the switch or sending SMS/GPRS command which was earlier mentioned.
Recovery mode configuration settings:
None- no events will trigger Recovery Mode and it can only be controlled with commands manually.
Period- by default, Recovery mode period is 180 seconds and can be configured to a minimum of 30 seconds. When the period is less than 180 seconds, modem will be always kept on and fix will not be caught repeatedly. This means that the modem will always try to update the coordinate if possible.
Turn off- if recovery mode is activated it can be turned off in Teltonika configurator by clicking on a button.
|The device will turn on/off the Recovery mode depending upon when the command was received:
There is a new configurable IO element for Recovery mode status notifications via SMS. It can be found at the bottom of IO table:
It has three operands that can be configured to get an SMS about the Recovery mode status. Here is a table that descibes the configurations and the desired result:
|On Exit||1/1||SMS notification will be send only when Recovery mode is turned off|
|On Entrance||1/1||SMS notification will be send only when Recovery mode is turned on|
|On Change||ANY/ANY||SMS notification will be send every time when Recovery mode is turned on/off|
Note, that in order for notifications to work, Priority has to be either _Low_ or _High_ and a telephone number has to be specified.
Received SMS will contain:
- Date and Time
- Last known coordinates (longitude and latitude)
- Recovery mode Val:<(0 if turned off, 1 if turned on)>
|CAUTION! Device usage with USB cable. |
In order to prevent device battery from running out of power, make sure USB cable is not connected, while testing the device.
Continuous use of device, while connected to the USB cable will result in faster battery drain.