- How do I find information on this Wiki?
You can find basic information in the General information page and you can find answers to some of the most frequently asked question in this FAQ page.
To find specific information related to your device, follow a path such as this from the Wiki's home page: Main Page → Device series → Device name → Information...
For example: Main Page → Electro-Mobility → TFT100 → TFT100 Manual
- Where can I get the latest firmware version?
- How do I contact technical support?
If you have encountered a software/firmware related issue, you can get in touch with TELTONIKA TELEMEDIC technical support via:
- VIP HelpDesk - you can register your question on Teltonika's internal HelpDesk system. If you don't have access to the HelpDesk, your sales manager can create an account for you.
- Sales Manager - your sales person can relay technical questions to Teltonika's support team.
- Crowd-Support Forum - a public forum for TELTONIKA TELEMEDIC related questions.
- I have a broken device. What should I do?
- Please evaluate if your device is eligible for warranty by checking the guidelines described in the RMA guidelines page. If you do suspect a hardware malfunction, please contact the Technical Support Team via HelpDesk or contact your sales manager. Also read our warranty policy for more details.
- Software issues are not covered by TELTONIKA TELEMEDIC' warranty policy. Therefore, if you have encountered an issue related to a device's software/firmware, you should contact TELTONIKA TELEMEDIC technical support (refer to the question above for related information).
- My device seems functional, but I cannot access it. What should I do?
If you're having trouble with your device, LED behaviour may provide some insight into what's happening and what steps should be taken next. Look for your device's LED info in the LEDs → TMT250 | GH5200 | TFT100 | TST100 page. If questions still occur, do not hesitate to ask. How to seek technical help, please refer to question "How do I contact technical support?".
- Which TELTONIKA TELEMEDIC device meets my requirements?
It depends on where the device will be used. Refer to links below for help in finding a device that meets the necessary requirements of your solution.
- Product list - contains the full list of TELTONIKA TELEMEDIC products.
- Feature lists - comprehensive feature lists for each device can be found by clicking on a product in the list and opening its "Features" section (click 'Expand' to see an example)
- I'm looking for information on product accessories. Where can I find it?
General Technical Questions
- What effects does a horizontal alignment have - especially for G-dependent movements on different axes?
Placement recommendation is to increase GNSS accuracy. Device placement does not have an impact on movement detection - either way, one axis will be affected on a sudden move, and if values from the accelerometer exceed configured threshold, device will change its On Stop counter to On Move counter.
- What recommendations are there for horizontal mounting, especially for IP67 feature?
Do not overtighten the case while mounting in order to not affect waterproofing.
- When does the period for periodic tracking settings start?
After flipping the switch to ON position.
- How does periodic sending work on an object that is not moving?
Based on On Stop counter. If device detected movement (exceeded configured threshold) it instantly jumps to On Move counter.
- Is the module on until it finds a GPS fix?
TM2500 module is fully awake until data is sent to server (including GNSS fix search)
- Why valid GPS signal is not always transmitted?
If Static Navigation is Enabled – Device will not try to get GNSS fix if no movement was detected between sleep intervals, instead it will send last known location instantly.
- How long does the module take to find a true position with GNSS?
Up to 3 minutes. If it fails - device will send last known position.
- Is the modem always available via SMS?
No. The Device will receive SMS messages only when the modem is ON (awake state). The device enters the awake state when sending the periodic data.
- Where can we define the period for FOTA WEB connection?
TAT100 devices do not connect to FOTA Web periodically. It will automatically connect to FOTA Web only on initial startup (when the switch is flipped from OFF to ON position). Connection to FOTA Web should be initiated via the 'web_connect' SMS/GPRS command. This is to preserve battery power.