Template:SAS Bluetooth 4.0 settings
X offers Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth Low Energy, also referred as BLE) functionality.
- If the Non Stop Scan is Enabled, the Non Stop sensor scans until any error will be hidden. Although BLE scan duration will still be active because it is important for btgetlist SMS command.
The Scan time period will be selected from two sources:
For example, if Update frequency - 120 seconds and BLE Scan Duration - 60 Seconds, the device will start the first scan after 120 seconds and will scan nearby BLE devices for 60 seconds to update configured sensor data. The sensor data will be updated every 120 seconds. Update Frequency is counted even while a scan is performed.
Update frequency period passes. 120 seconds -> 0 seconds, a 60 second scan is initiated. Update Frequency countdown is restarted (countdown from configured value to 0) while the scan (according to the BLE Scan duration parameter) is performed.
BLE connectionless functionalities
Currently to the X device up to 4 sensors can be connected.
- Type – EIR data type. This parameter will indicate which type to look for and work with. Note: We have also added type with value 0xFE which will indicate to work with a whole data packet and not just a single data type.
- Data Offset – start index of data we are interested in.
- Data Size – size of the data we are interested in.
- Action – two actions are possible: Match and Save. Match means that we want to perform a validation of certain data. Save means that we want to get certain data and later save it to an AVL record.
- IO – tells which IO element's data will be saved to.
- Match – hex string to be matched with BLE sensor data. Used only with Match action.
- Endianness – endianness of data: little endian (ex. 0x1122) or big endian (ex. 0x2211). Used only with Save action.
- Multiplier – value to be used to multiply output data. Used only with Save action.
- Offset – value to be added to output data. Used only with Save action.
How to correctly configure the Bluetooth LE solutions, can be found here: